Re: Postfix version (for quota patch)

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 06:55:14PM +0100, Veszi Gabor wrote:
> Hi!
> On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 18:32, Pepe Chalmes Garcia wrote:
> > What I wanted to ask you is which doc/manual you followed to make
> > Postfix work with a database of users running on MySQL. I'm having an
> > awful lot of problems, and I'm wondering wether it's been a "bad
> > sources" matter.
> IMHO this is the best: http://kirb.insanegenius.net/postfix.html
> --
> VESZI Gabor                                 [mailto:veszig@muszaki.info]
> [ICQ: 121216368]   [IRCNet: #info2000]   [http://www.hszk.bme.hu/~vg308]

Among your links here's the one I've folowed:

But none of them pinted out the real problem, which is that Postfix
can't acces "mysql.sock" (/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock) because it is
running chroot'ed in /var/spool/postfix. Solution:

ln -f /var/run/mysql/mysql.sock /var/spool/postfix/mysqld.sock

put in /etc/init.d/mysql, right here:

case "$1" in
  if is_mysqld_alive; then
    ln -f /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock /var/spool/postfix/mysqld.sock
	echo "."

And now Postfix accesses the database without problems!

Well, not exactly, because there's a user not found that I can see.
However I don't consider it a problem worth making a question about...
yet ;)

PD: I use an updated&upgraded Woody.

José Marcos Chalmés García - Public key ID: 0x6FDE933B
www.polinux.upv.es - www.debian.org - www.gnu.org - www.bsd.org - ...
I use free software | Utilitze programari lliure | Uso software libre