Re: Email Server Q.

>On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 12:50:05 +0100
>Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 12:17, Konstantin Kostadinov wrote:
> > what distro to use ?, i use woody but is this the right choice ?, if i use
> > testing or unstable is there better for config and update
> > MTA,AntiVirus,Antispam,LDAP,Webmail packages found ?
>
> Unstable has newer versions of some of this software.  Newer Postfix, newer
> Apache, newer PHP, and newer anti-virus software.  We are still getting new
> versions and new applications included in unstable (and they move a week or
> so later to testing).

Yes the packages are new and the update if faster than stable but what about security in sid ?
And is a good idea to update main email server daily ?

> But woody generally works well and isn't as likely to have bugs that affect
> you...
>
> > For WebMail - sqwebmail and postfix-snap-ldap.
>
> I suggest considering IMP.  According to my colleagues IMP has more features,
> although it requires a lot more CPU power to run it.

Tanks I'll try it, it seems that this is better than sqwebmail.
Hardware on PC that will be mail server is pIII 1GHz 512Ram 2x8GB SCSI with 200-300 users, i thing that the machine will survive with IMP on it ?