DNS zone file audit tool

Hello All

I am looking for a means to audit our DNS zone files.

Particularly I need something that checks that their are still
upstream NS records pointing to our server for each domain that we
host. Also I would like to check that our NS records point to valid
name servers (particularly with secondary nameservers) and that our
reverse DNS PTR records point to domains with valid A records.

I am looking for a Debian friendly utility to help with this. I have
had a look at nslint but it does not seem to do what we need it to
do.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Ian

Ian Forbes ZSD
http://www.zsd.co.za
Office: +27 21 683-1388  Fax: +27 21 674-1106
Snail Mail: P.O. Box 46827, Glosderry, 7702, South Africa