Re: mysqlsnapshot and InnoDB tables

Jeremy Zawodny dijo:
> That depends.  I don't know if it's "safe" to backup the InnoDB
> tablespaces without shutting the server down.  I suspect that it's not
> because there is no way to force InnoDB to commit all logged
> transactions.  In practice it may not be a problem, but it could be.

Cool, I now understand better the nature of the limitation.
This would be a problem to me, because now I remember it happened to me
before.

> I'll have to ask the InnoDB developer about that.

I will, and came back with answers if there's interest.

> If the answer is "yes", then adding support to mysqlsnapshot should be
> quite easy.

Thank you for your time. I love your MySQL stuff :-)

--
 .''`. Nothing screams poor workmanship more than wrinkles in the duct tape
: :' :