Re: Easy way to control .forward files?

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 09:17:36AM -0700, Tony Wasson wrote:
> I am looking for a way for our users to control their .forward file. We
> currently don't allow any interactive logins (ssh) by setting the shell to
> /bin/false. We're looking seriously at the spamc/spamd portion of
> SpamAssassin. I'd like for users to be able to tune their settings easily.
>
> Does anyone have ideas? Can anyone report on the usermin-forward package?
> My ideal 'user page' would have options to:
> 1) Change your password
> 2) Turn on/off spam tagging
> 3) Turn on/off virus scanning
> 4) Forward email to a different account
> 5) Set an vacation auto-reply (optional)

I dunno how good it is, but there is a bunch of packages in Debian called
"usermin" that I believe provide a web interface for users to tweak this
stuff. It seems to be based on webmin, so should be OK and easy to write
your own modules (provided you like perl).

ABO: finger abo@minkirri.apana.org.au for more info, including pgp key