Re: LSB and Debian, Commercial perspective

> Not too sure myself.  I've only caught things in passing about it.  They
> seem to be quite invovled in the LSB process but I have yet to find an
> official announcement stating that it is certified by the LSB.  My guess
> is that the rpm thing is going to be a stalling point.  Though, as
> mentioned previously, rpm support is available, it is not the preferred
> method of package installation which seems to be what the LSB wants.

Well, I thought the specification said it needed to have RPM support, not
that it needed to use RPM by default (though I could be wrong).

If Debian is so close to being certified as LSB compliant, what is
stopping Debian going the last mile? Is there something (non-technical)
that is holding things back?