Re: scsi boot

On Sun, 18 Aug 2002 16:04, Jason Lim wrote:
> I don't think the 2.2 release had the Compaq SCSI drivers built into the
> kernel.

In version 1:21.7-3 of LILO I added support for booting Compaq CCISS SCSI
RAID, if you have that then you need a woody version of LILO.  I've got a
potato back-port of LILO on http://www.coker.com.au/lilo/ (it's not the
latest LILO but it's new enough and fixes many other issues too).

On Sun, 18 Aug 2002 15:59, Jarno Elonen wrote:
> > You either need to compile/get a kernel with the required SCSI drivers
> > built in, or get the module for it.
>
> A module probably won't do if the root file system (/) is on a SCSI driver.
> I think you will have to compile the driver statically into the kernel.

A module will do if you use initrd.