Re: increase mysql max connections over 1024

On Sun, 2002-06-16 at 04:24, Osamu Aoki wrote:
  *snip*
> If what you say is true, I can tell you that ANY program which is
> involved with mysql and which used local_lim.h needs to be recompiled.
> What I do not know is whether this involves glibc (libc6) or not.

Why would this be the case?  I might be missing something, but I believe
the poster is just discussing making a change to the mysql-server, NOT
the libmysqlclient library.

Any library dependencies of the mysqld server (ldd bin/mysqld ?) would
need to be rebuilt, probably including libc, but you could always keep
private copies of them and use LD_LIBRARY_PATH to avoid changing the
system-wide libc, and thus necessitating a rebuild of other sources
which depend on that limit being consistent between themselves and their
dependencies.

Am I off my rocker?  I know it's not a real clean solution, keeping a
seperate copy of libc, but it seems workable.

--
Jeff S Wheeler               jsw@five-elements.com
Software Development            Five Elements, Inc