increase mysql max connections over 1024

Hello list,

I'd like to increase the number of max connections above 1024 in Linux.
I think I have to increase PTHREAD_THREADS_MAX  in

/usr/include/bits/local_lim.h

/* The number of threads per process.  */
#define _POSIX_THREAD_THREADS_MAX       64
/* This is the value this implementation supports.  */
#define PTHREAD_THREADS_MAX     1024

My question is, what should I do after modify this file. Should I
rebuild mysql-server .deb package again? Or I just set mysql max
connections and restart mysql server?

--
Patrick Hsieh <pahud@pahud.net>
GPG public key http://pahud.net/pubkeys/pahudatpahud.gpg