Re: Xeon on Linux

* pahud@pahud.net (Patrick Hsieh) [2002.05.28 22:28]:
> How does Linux support Xeon CPU currently?
> I am considering to use dual P-III 1G or single Xeon 2.2G architecture.

Consider the following pages:

  http://www.intel.com/eBusiness/products/server/processor/
  http://www.intel.com/eBusiness/pdf/prod/server/xeon/wp020901.pdf

According to that white paper, the Xeon's new "Hyper-Threading"
technology that they're bragging about should show benefits without
modifications to current apps, but they say the threading scheme makes a
big difference.  Having said that, unless there are some kernel
developers on this list, I'd suggest searching the linux-kernel list
archives for an answer or getting up the nerve to ask the kernel gurus
yourself.  Heck, you may even make kernel-traffic.  :-)
--
Cameron Moore
[ Why is a carrot more orange than an orange? ]