Re: Xeon on Linux

Hi Patrick

I'd go for the Faster Xeon then. The dual P3 will never run faster than 1Gig but by the sounds of it you can always plug in more 2.2Gig Xeons :-) With regards to Linux on the Xeon, at worst you will be able to run the standard kernel and still get much more speed than the same clock speed P3 or P4 however I would definitely look for Xeon kernel optimisations to really make you system fly. Try http://www.kernel.org/ etc.

Cheers
Glenn Hocking
Publish Media Pty Ltd

http://www.sitegeneral.com/

Patrick Hsieh wrote:

Hello Glenn Hocking <glenn@publishmedia.com>,

I am planing to run MySQL on either dual P3-1G or single Xeon 2.2G.
The main board is smp architecture, therefore I may add another Xeon CPU
in the future.

I think MySQL has no problem on smp architecture, right?
Just difficult to make the decision.

On Wed, 29 May 2002 13:40:26 +1000