mailing lists

Hey all.

I'm looking for some guidance with regard to mailing list
managers. We're not looking to host mailing lists, but to use
the user-side admin capabilities (self subscribe/unsubscribe)
and the delivery capabilities of a list manager to send out mass
emails. Not spam, self-directed emails. Product sheets,
newsletters, and so on.

We use postfix as the mailer and I have narrowed it down to
three options,

majordomo because I know it works well w/ postfix,
mailman because it's GNU.
and a perl script/database/web page/procmail cause it's fun :)

Anyone have any pointers or gotcha's with regard to these?

Cheers,
--
Lance Levsen,
Systems Administrator,