Re: Bandwidth control on FTP

I'm not sure I completely understand your question, you want to let users with faster connections have higher limits? How are you going to know their connection speed?
If what you are looking for is a ftp server that lets you specify different rates for different users, then try NcFTPd (www.ncftpd.com). It's commercial, but reasonably priced and you can try it out before you buy it.

(I'm not affiliated with NcFTPd, but I use it on all the servers I admin and swear by it, it's written with ISPs in mind and has a better track record on security than the alternatives, such as WuFTP or proftpd).

--
------SupplyEdge-------
Greg Hunt