Re: MicroATX Motherboard with 1.5-2GB Ram?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ben Aitchison" <ben@plain.co.nz>
To: "Jason Lim" <maillist@jasonlim.com>
Cc: <debian-isp@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2001 7:40 AM
Subject: Re: MicroATX Motherboard with 1.5-2GB Ram?

> On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 06:27:11AM +0800, Jason Lim wrote:
> > This is a disappointment... i'm sure there must be SOME demand for
1.5G
> > Ram in these. I know that many chipsets do support 1.5G and 2G, but
the
> > motherboard manufacturers only put on 2 slots, so you have 512M * 2
only.

> You could always use 1 gig sticks.  (x2)
>
> Ben.

That would only work if the board supported 1G sticks. As far as I can
see, most only support 512M sticks, meaning 512M x 2. One of the only
integrated chipsets I know to support the most RAM is the SiS7xx ones
which support 1.5G and 3 sticks. Obviously they intended (and thus is the
limit) for you to use 512M x 3 to achieve that. Since the manufacturers
only include 2 slots... well, you get the picture :-/