Re: trouble ticket system

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001 10:56:37 +0100, Christian Kurz <shorty@debian.org>
wrote:
>On 06/12/01, Marc Haber wrote:
>> webrt is - for example - completely missing a decently controllable
>> e-mail interface. Basically every interaction needs to be done via the
>
>Even in the new version webrt2, which is currently packaged
>(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=114116&repeatmerged=yes)?
>And I think Jesse, the author would be interested, to hear about such
>feature request if they are really still missing and not only just
>undocumented.

I didn't have time to look into webrt2. However, migration from webrt
to webrt2 seems to be hard since bug 114116 mentions that there is no
clean way to upgrade the database. Which doesn't exactly surprise me.

>> It is also dangerous. A request comes in. Some supporter writes a
>> snappy comment, Cc:'s sales with the comment. Sales replies back
>> (probably fully quoting the snappy message), and webrt happily sends
>> out that e-mail to the original requestor.
>
>As far as I know this issue was addressed in webrt2 and the handling of
>comments and replies was changed. Since I'm not working in an IT
>department anymore, I'm not able to check webrt2.

You could check out webrt2 as a freelancer and then make money
consulting about it.

Greetings
Marc