Re: trouble ticket system

On 06/12/01, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Dec 2001 10:27:32 +0100, Christian Kurz <shorty@debian.org>
> wrote:
> >On 03/12/01, Matt Fair wrote:
> >> Would would be the best trouble ticket system to use?
> >> I took a rt, but it doesn't look as good people say it is (at least the

> >What do you mean exactly with "doesn't look"? Which featuers are you
> >missing? Which features does a trouble ticket system need to have to
> >fulfill your requirements?

> webrt is - for example - completely missing a decently controllable
> e-mail interface. Basically every interaction needs to be done via the

Even in the new version webrt2, which is currently packaged
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=114116&repeatmerged=yes)?
And I think Jesse, the author would be interested, to hear about such
feature request if they are really still missing and not only just
undocumented.

> web interface, which IMO sucks. I'd prefer using Outlook to that piece
> of crap. I positively hate it.

Hehe, I know. ;-)

> It is also dangerous. A request comes in. Some supporter writes a
> snappy comment, Cc:'s sales with the comment. Sales replies back
> (probably fully quoting the snappy message), and webrt happily sends
> out that e-mail to the original requestor.

As far as I know this issue was addressed in webrt2 and the handling of
comments and replies was changed. Since I'm not working in an IT
department anymore, I'm not able to check webrt2.

Christian
--
           Debian Developer (http://www.debian.org)