Re: Simple web log analysis for multiple sites?

Hi

> afaik, webalizer has no out-of-box facility for doing a summarized
> report. I thought you needed per site stats.....
> Now, i also wouldnt be surprised if you COULD do it with weblizer....for
> example, if you report all vhosts to a single log file, webalizer would
> give you a global hit count (wouldnt it?)....Just check it out, im shure
> it cant hurt

We use mod-rewrite and a RewriteMap file to point requests on each
directory depending on the customer domainename. Then we have only one
access.log.

LogFormat "%{Host}i %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\"
\"%{User-Agent}i\" %T %v" full

 Every morning a script use this RewriteMap file to split the
unique access.log in a lot of per-site log, in the same time the script
generate a very light-general log and a special-log with all the IP based
and the machine-name based requests.
This work great and is totaly automated.
After that webalizer analyses each log and give a report for each site plus
the general report, plus the special report.

alexis