RE: RAID & Hard disk performance

DOA should be a non issue from a reputable supplier. I know we test all our drives before shipping any of our machines. A few things you're forgetting is that traditionally SCSI drivers run 24x7 until they fail. IDE drives run for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Also there are a lot of lower end servers out there with insufficient cooling, and hard drives are probably the first thing this will significantly damage.

Dave