Re: Building NAS

Hey There Alex

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 11:47:08AM +0000, Alex Borges wrote:

> Im not really experienced but I would say im trying to do the same thing
> here. As of now, the globalfs's (http://www.globalfilesystem.org )

Thanks for you suggestion but apparently GFS dosnt support samba which
i need to support the windowsserver we have in our camp ;-(

> site has proved to be agood source of information, and also they have a

Even though GFS has supported SMB/CIFS i think it would be rather overkill
since we actually dont need the synchronizes between servers we will only
have data in one place and what is one of the most important features for us is
read acces because we are bascially using this NAS as a big harddisk our
streamingservers can access for files and such that needs to be streamed.

> proposal for SAN that you

Hmm i poked around for some time but failed to located the proposal?

Anyways thanks for takeing your time :)

--
Venlig hilsen/Kind regards
Thomas Kirk

		Accidents cause History.

If Sigismund Unbuckle had taken a walk in 1426 and met Wat Tyler, the
Peasant's Revolt would never have happened and the motor car would not
have been invented until 2026, which would have meant that all the oil
could have been used for lamps, thus saving the electric light bulb and
the whale, and nobody would have caught Moby Dick or Billy Budd.
		-- Mike Harding, "The Armchair Anarchist's Almanac"