Re: off site assistance

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 09:44:46AM -0400, Kevin J. Menard, Jr. wrote:
> AA> I need at least 640.b480 but would like 1024x768 resolution and 30fps.
> AA> 4 or 5 fps would do really for this application.
> AA> remember this has to be usable for only one screen but that screen gets
> AA> connected to many systems during its lifetime.
>
> VNC might do what you need.

Sorry about the late reply to this thread but that is only useful for
GUIs.  I'd imagine that a CLI is more useful to a blind person.  And
dumping a text tty would use less bandwidth.  Try the 'ttysnoop'
package: TTY Snoop - allows you to spy on telnet+serial connections
TTYSnoop allows you to snoop on login tty's through another tty-device
or pseudo-tty. The snoop-tty becomes a 'clone' of the original tty,
redirecting both input and output from/to it.

But on the otherhand I would have thought that a braille interface would
be more convenient.

--
Jeremy Lunn
Melbourne, Australia