Re: disk partition schemes

Hello!

Just to throw a word in too.

Every than and now I have been longing for a small partition with a
minimal system, just with what the Debian Installation Disquette
contains (~ 2 M).

When fsck finds a somewhat bigger problem (my clients and friends seem
like to pull the plug or press that forbidden power switch) init gives
you a Single User maintainance shell, but you cannot fsck / as it is
mounted.

With this rescue partition you could mount that partition (should NOT
be mounted otherways) fsck the whole rest of your disks and partitions
without carrying rescue/root disks around

Best Regards,

     Jorge-Le'on