Re: disk partition schemes

On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 10:19:31AM +0200, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Friday 22 June 2001 17:46, Duane Powers wrote:
> > on /. I _always_ use a seprarate /home, so I can keep data in case I
> > have to reinstall the OS, (successful intrustion attempt, etc.) and
>
> Of course the re-installation could start with:
> rm -rf /etc /sbin /bin /var /usr /boot /lib

 Well, generally if you're doing an install and have a partition you don't
 wan't the installer to mess with, not specifiying it as /home and just
 let it do the install with home on the / partition will ensure taht
 your data isn't damaged. Then afterward just edit the fstab and remount
 /home onto your old home partition.

--
  Nick Jennings