Re: IMAP/POP3 + Maildir

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using the unstable courier-imap packages recompiled on potato as my IMAP
> server, but I'm getting more and more requests for POP3. Supposedly there's
> POP3 support in version 1.3.4, but (and this surprised me greatly) it isn't
> in unstable yet.
>
> What can people recommend as a POP3 server that works with Maildir?
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Jeff

I can only warn about solid-pop3d. We tried it here and it showed big
problems. it could take up to 30 seconds in authentication, and it also
had problems with many concurrent connections. I am very eager to try out
the courier pop3 server, and the imap server also, but havent sofar
managed to compile in MySQL support, which is necessary for us.

/Roger Abrahamsson

Roger Abrahamsson, Sys/Net Admin, Obbit AB
Radhusespl.17D, S-90328 Umea, Sweden