exim smarthost

Hello,

I tried it last week without success, so I try it again.

I want to set up some sort of smtp forwarding with exim.

this is the idea: exim as SMTP router for incoming and outgoing mail (to
the internet). exim also as router to another SMTP daemon on another port
(26) on the same machine, for internal use.

How do I set this up? smarthost is the magic word I guess, but on the web
I can't find much info on it.

I tried something with smtp transport but then I get an error message with
something like: "can't reroute because it's the same host"

I hope someone could help me with this

kind regards,
Maurice Verhagen