Re: POP3 and SMTP server for an ISP

Well, I'm absolutely enchanted and you have persuaded me. :))

As I said I use Exim right now and I know that I don't change. However I'm
also interested in your opinion about a POP3d. There is a patch for
Exim+Qpopper+MySQL. It's sounds great to manage everything from MySQL,
because I could easily integrate it to my billing system, but I think It
would slow down the users recieving and the delivery process.

What's more I checked out
http://www.reedmedia.net/projects/virtualmail/#server and it keyed me up and
I'd create cronscripts for MySQL. There's only a little problem, I can read
on the site virtual domain users should use "user:domain" user for checking
mail via pop3. Right now my users have to use only a pop3 username without
any domain for checking mail, but virtual domain are fully supported (there
are many users, so I can't tell them guys use "user:domain"...).

Do you have any idea how I could cope with this if I'd use recommended
gnu-pop3d+patch?

Thanks,
Mihaly Litzler