Re: Sendmail

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Ross Peachey wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 02:23:07PM +0100, Roger Abrahamsson wrote:
> > Anyone here know how to 'force' sendmail to bind to one specific ip on a
> > machine? I've just moved it, and it works fine but for one thing, it
> > stubbornly wants to use the primary ip/interface when sending messages
> > out. It's causing problems with a few customers firewalls...
>

> Use the following line in sendmail.mc to only bind to a particular IP:
>
> define(`confDAEMON_OPTIONS', `Addr=203.43.87.56')
>
> Not sure if this is really what you want, because this will not allow you
> to receive mail on other interface IPs.
>

> Ross.

Well, just tried it, and it works fine, except for one thing as I see
it. It stops answering on localhost also, and from the machine itself I
cannot reach the ip..
say the machine is 192.168.1.10 and the ip for the mail server is
192.168.1.8.

i.e. I cannot telnet to 192.168.1.8 port 25 when logged in on 192.168.0.10
??

/Roger