Re: sources.list

Duane Powers <duane@uberLAN.net> writes:

> I have a question - I have a dozen boxen that I am maintaining, all with
> Debian ( almost all potato - one woody) I would like to save bandwidth
> and centralize administration by utilizing one of the boxes as a apt-get
> source. then I can apt-get update ; apt-get dist-upgrade ; done, on one
> box, and save all the .deb's then use those .deb's for the other boxen
> without actually mirroring the whole debian site.

I've taken the simple route ... squid.  Install squid, on all your boxes
export the http_proxy (and/or ftp_proxy) environment variable.  apt-get will
pull everything through squid.  The next box you upgrade will have cached
.debs in squid.  This of course doesn't save things permanently which may be
what you want.

Someone mentioned apt-proxy, there is also apt-move which will take
/var/cache/apt/archives/*.deb and move them into a local Debian heirarchy.

--
fraser campbell <fraser@starnix.com>                          starnix inc.
tollfree: (905) 771-0017                        thornhill, ontario, canada