Re: Traffic shaping & proxy problem

David Anso wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I have been trying to get this (traffic shaping) working for a while, what
> packages are you using to achieve the CBQ?  What debian release are you
> using and what kernel version are you using?

Well, that's fairly easy... You only have to install iproute from Debian
2.2, and recompile your kernel as stated. I used latest 2.2 'debianized'
kernel I found (2.2.18pre21). Just get the source package and use
make-kpkg (from kernel-package package) to build it. I enabled the
following from `make menuconfig`:

#
# QoS and/or fair queueing
#
CONFIG_NET_SCHED=y
CONFIG_NETLINK=y
CONFIG_RTNETLINK=y
CONFIG_NET_SCH_CBQ=m
CONFIG_NET_SCH_CSZ=m
CONFIG_NET_SCH_PRIO=m
CONFIG_NET_SCH_RED=m
CONFIG_NET_SCH_SFQ=m
CONFIG_NET_SCH_TEQL=m
CONFIG_NET_SCH_TBF=m
CONFIG_NET_QOS=y
CONFIG_NET_ESTIMATOR=y
CONFIG_NET_CLS=y
CONFIG_NET_CLS_ROUTE4=m
CONFIG_NET_CLS_ROUTE=y
CONFIG_NET_CLS_FW=m
CONFIG_NET_CLS_U32=m
CONFIG_NET_CLS_RSVP=m
CONFIG_NET_CLS_RSVP6=m
CONFIG_NET_CLS_POLICE=y

But cbq.init doesn't seem to come with Debian. I found it inside RedHat
6.2 package shapecfg-2.2.12-2.i386.rpm (it is called cbq). You can
extract it from there easily if you install rpm and mc (don't forget to
extract README.cbq too!)

--
                José Carlos Ramírez Pérez
                Área de Internet y Telecomunicaciones

                mailto:JoseCarlos.Ramirez@isotrol.com
                ISOTROL S.A.
                Avda. de la innovación nº 1, 3ª plta, 41020 Sevilla
                Tel.: +34 955 036 800 - Fax: +34 955 036 849  Spain
                web: http://www.isotrol.com/