Re: Network problem on Proliant w/Debian

um, I'm sorry, I wasn't following the whole thread, but I am using eepro100 cards almost exclusively on debian and redhat boxen... they work great, even with 2.4 (starting at 2.4pre8) for about 5 months now... I previously was using the boomerang/vortex 3com nic's, but had reliability problems with them....

I would conclude (forgive my presumptions...) that for everyone who has had problems with brand A, there is someone who swears by it, and vice versa... Just my twocents.

~duane

Vasil Kolev wrote:
I had a lot of problems with eepro100 cards, and wouldn't recommend it to
anybody using linux....as Andrey Savochkin (the current maintainer of
the driver) said once , " I'm working on the next generation workaround"
.... And , yes, under 2.4 it refuses to work..... My advice is - get
3com 3C905B , modify max_interrupt_work in linux/drivers/net/3c59x.c to
something like 1024, and live happily ever after....