Re: V.90 card for Linux?

At 01:10 AM 10/24/99 -0500, Jonathan Hall wrote:
>be to order two BRI lines, and do two V.90 lines per BRI (for a total of 4
>V.90 capable lines).  Does anyone know of any Linux-compatible hardware
>capable of doing V.90 over a BRI?

You should be able to use any decent multi I/O board.  I use Comtrol Rocket
Ports.  Niiice board. :)  The drivers will populate /dev with tty's.  As far
as Linux is concerned, they're just like any other serial connection.  Hook
up Courier I-Modems to the I/O board.  They can make v.90 or ISDN
connections and Linux doesn't know any different.  As far as splitting a 2B
into 2 1B's, it probably has something to do with the U interface.  Never
tried it before.  Call your telco they should know.  It might be cheaper to
get a fractional PRI if your telco has that cabability.  I asked my telco
about spliting a PRI into BRI's on my premises and they just gave me a funny
look. :)

--