Re: Long usernames

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Chris Wagner wrote:
>At 06:23 PM 10/26/99 +0200, grendel@vip.net.pl wrote:
>>Nobody  forbids you to use long user names on a GNU system. It's just
>>probable that some software on other systems will fail when handed a >8
>Yeah, I think RADIUS can only handle 8 char usernames.

>From the User-Name section of

      The String field is one or more octets.  The NAS may limit the
      maximum length of the User-Name but the ability to handle at least
      63 octets is recommended.

So there should not be any RADIUS problems with >8 characters.  However I
still prefer <8 if only to save typing.

I'm in Utrecht.  I'd like to meet any Linux users in the area, or any other
part of the Netherlands.