Re: Problem emblems connecting to Mysql using php3

WFT wrote:

> I have. I even uncommented extension=mysql.so in php3.ini.  I also checked
> that it was in the /usr/lib/mysql/apache directory by nothing happens.
>
> I put  <?php dl("mysql.so") ?> at the begining of the page and get the
> following error.

You do not have to load mysql.so if it's uncommented in php3.ini.  Try this
for your PHP page instead:

<?
  mysql_connect("host", "username", "password") or
    die(mysql_error());
  echo "Ok it works!";
?>

If you don't get the error "Call to undefined or unsupported function, then
your mysql support is working.

Fraser