Re: Disabling IPv6 by default when creating a new namespace in Linux

Dheeraj Kandula <dkandula@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks Bjørn for your response. I think I am getting a bit confused here.
>
> I booted up my Linux VM and set the following in my /etc/sysctl.conf file:

You need to make the change in your boot loader.  grub or whatever.
That's where the kernel command line is set.

E.g edit /etc/default/grub and add ipv6.disable_ipv6=1 to the
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX variable, and then run update-grub to produce a new
/boot/grub/grub.cfg configuration file.

Bjørn