Re: Disabling IPv6 by default when creating a new namespace in Linux

Dheeraj Kandula <dkandula@gmail.com> writes:

>          Thanks for your reply. Are you suggesting that if I boot up the
> machine with "net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1" and
> "net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6=1", IPv6 should be disabled in newly
> created namespaces too.

No.  But if you boot with "ipv6.disable_ipv6=1" then you should see

 grep . /sys/module/ipv6/parameters/disable_ipv6

returning 1.  This will be used as the default value of
"net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6" for all namespaces.  Including the
default namespace.

That's a lot of nested defaults ;-) Hope you get the meaning.

Bjørn