Re: Headache with IPv6 (and IPv4) as ISP (access provider)

Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@tamay-dogan.net> wrote:

>> So you already have NAT44 (IPv4 NAT).
> NAT?  Ehm no.  I have an public IPv4 /24 assigned to my AS.

You said you had 180 addresses but 480 clients. How does this work?
Proxies?

>> > If I give my "private" customers fixed or DHCP assigned IPv6  addresses,
>> > they can not more access the IPv4 Internet.
>> Why?
> I do not know why, because if I go to my customer and connect my  Debian
> Laptop to tzhe FTTH Modem, all is working fine  and  I  can  access  ANY
> servers with IPv4 and IPv6.
>
> But if a customer connect with Windows Vista/2007  which  get  the  IPv6
> address over my PPPoE server and then can not more  connect  to  servers
> which use IPv4.
>
> Only IPv6 aware services are working.

So your Windows clients have a problem with Dualstack PPPoE? To be
honest I never tried that, but that should be fairly easy to debug. Did
the Windows box get an IPv4 address? Does it have a route? What does the
logging on both sides say?

If you run an ISP you should be able to debug a bit more than "does not
work".

Best Regards,
Bernhard