Re: Headache with IPv6 (and IPv4) as ISP (access provider)

Hello Bernhard Schmidt,

> Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@tamay-dogan.net> wrote:
>
> >> So you already have NAT44 (IPv4 NAT).
> > NAT?  Ehm no.  I have an public IPv4 /24 assigned to my AS.
>
> You said you had 180 addresses but 480 clients. How does this work?
> Proxies?

1)  All ~100 "business" customers can handel IPv6 which is working fine.

2)  180 IPv4 are currently assigned dynamic to "private" customers.

3)  A bunch of ~60 cstomers have Linux Distibutions installed or using
    IPv6 capable Routers like the AVM ones.

4)  The rest use currently private IPs 10.x.x.x or has currenttly no
    access @me

So, for me it is very urgent, to get for 4) a working installation, even
if I can not get new public IPv4 addresses.

> So your Windows clients have a problem with Dualstack PPPoE? To be
> honest I never tried that, but that should be fairly easy to debug. Did
> the Windows box get an IPv4 address? Does it have a route? What does the
> logging on both sides say?

Since I have 180 customers using IPv4, it is definitively  working,  but
if they authenticate using PPPoE (FreeRADIUS + DHCPv6 + PostgreSQL)  and
IPv6, then it is not more working.  Same setup with GNU/Linux works.

From the logfiles I see, that Windows is requesting a lease  but  reject
any IPv6 offers.

If I read <http://ipv6int.net/systems/windows_vista-ipv6.html> it should
work from scratch.

> If you run an ISP you should be able to debug a bit more than "does not
> work".

How can I debug Windows if I have no Windows installation and no Windows
knowlwdge?  My Last Windows versions where WfW 3.11 and Windows NT 3.51.

> Best Regards,
> Bernhard

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack

               Internet Service Provider, Cloud Computing
                <http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>
                  <http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/>

itsystems@tdnet                     Jabber  linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de
Owner Michelle Konzack

Gewerbe Strasse 3                   Tel office: +49-176-86004575
77694 Kehl                          Tel mobil:  +49-177-9351947
Germany                             Tel mobil:  +33-6-61925193  (France)

USt-ID:  DE 278 049 239