Re: exim relay and ipv6

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 04:30:13PM +0200, Bernhard Schmidt wrote:

> I don't think this is the case. What is the current content of your
> $hosts_require_auth and $hosts_try_auth variables? A crosschecking
> reverse -> forward is usually done by the server side, but in your case
> the client does not invoke the authentication, although offered by the
> server. Unfortunately I don't have much clue of debugging Exim, so I
> can't give you more hints here.
>
> Regards,
> Bernhard

Thanks, my $hosts_try_tls is as follows:

  hosts_try_auth = ${if exists{CONFDIR/passwd.client} \
        {\
        ${lookup{$host}nwildlsearch{CONFDIR/passwd.client}{$host_address}}\
        }\
        {} \
      }

and I don't have a $hosts_require_tls. Is there something for exim like
postconf for postfix to see what values certain things have while the
MTA is running?

About the reverse DNS, I would like to get that fixed anyway and the
exim4_files(5) manpage says for /etc/exim4/passwd.client:
       Please  note  that target.mail.server.example is currently the
       value that exim can read from reverse DNS: It first follows the
       host name of the target system until it finds and IP address, and
       then looks up the reverse DNS for that IP address to use the
       outcome of this query (or the IP address  itself  should  the
       query fail) as index into /etc/exim4/passwd.client.

Thanks for all help!