Re: exim relay and ipv6

On Sun, Apr 08, 2007 at 02:26:01PM +0200, Bernhard Schmidt wrote:
> Nick Schmalenberger <nick@schmalenberger.us> wrote:
>
> Hi Nick,
>
> > dc_relay_nets in update-exim4.conf.conf and MAIN_RELAY_NETS in
> > exim4.conf.localmacros but it didn't help. I then tried using Icedove
> > and the smtp authentication worked, from the same machine and again over
> > IPv6, so it looks like the smtp authentication client in exim has a
> > problem.
> >
> >   SMTP>> EHLO athena.relaydomain
> >   SMTP<< 250-nick.relaydomain Hello athena.relaydomain [2001:4830:1547:1:205:2ff:feb7:63d8]
> >          250-SIZE 52428800
> >          250-PIPELINING
> >          250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN
> >          250 HELP
> >   SMTP>> MAIL FROM:<nick@relaydomain> SIZE=1406
>
> You exim client does not even try to authenticate, although advertised.
> I have no clue of exim, but browsing through the documentation it looks
> like you need to adjust the options host_require_auth and/or
> host_try_auth
>
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.50/doc/html/spec_33.html#SECT33.5
>
> that probably only lists the IPv4 address at the moment.

Thanks for the link, I think it put me on the right track, but I still
don't have smtp relay over ipv6 working yet. I think the problem is that
the ipv6 subnet on my mail server has no reverse hostnames because of a
bad delegation I put in with hurricane electric that hasn't been updated
to the correct name servers. I put them in the web interface months ago,
took them out again, tried afraid.org and went back to my own servers
and the delegation is still to the bad servers. I have emailed hurricane
electric describing the problem and only got an automatic response with
a ticket number. Waiting on this is why I didn't respond to the email
earlier, but it was helpful, thank you!

Has anybody had issues like this with hurricane electric before? What
have they been able to do about it? My subnet is 2001:470:1f01:3324::/64
and the namservers should be ns1 and ns2.schmalenberger.us, so maybe
somebody can see something wrong with my configuration there too.
Thanks.
Nick