Re: exim relay and ipv6

Nick Schmalenberger <nick@schmalenberger.us> wrote:

Hi Nick,

> dc_relay_nets in update-exim4.conf.conf and MAIN_RELAY_NETS in
> exim4.conf.localmacros but it didn't help. I then tried using Icedove
> and the smtp authentication worked, from the same machine and again over
> IPv6, so it looks like the smtp authentication client in exim has a
> problem.
>
>   SMTP>> EHLO athena.relaydomain
>   SMTP<< 250-nick.relaydomain Hello athena.relaydomain [2001:4830:1547:1:205:2ff:feb7:63d8]
>          250-SIZE 52428800
>          250-PIPELINING
>          250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN
>          250 HELP
>   SMTP>> MAIL FROM:<nick@relaydomain> SIZE=1406

You exim client does not even try to authenticate, although advertised.
I have no clue of exim, but browsing through the documentation it looks
like you need to adjust the options host_require_auth and/or
host_try_auth

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.50/doc/html/spec_33.html#SECT33.5

that probably only lists the IPv4 address at the moment.

Regards,
Bernhard