Re: Firewalling IPv6 - an easy way?

Andrew Ruthven a écrit :

Shouldn't that be pre-up instead?

I've just tried this and confirmed my suspicion.  This will fail if you
refer to the interface in your firewall.  Since the interface isn't up
yet (pre-up) iptables can't find the device to apply the against.

Huh ? AFAIK iptables does not care whether the specified interface is up or even exists. It is just text, possibly including a wildcard (+). Doesn't your script try to extract information about the interface from ifconfig or the like ? Of course this may fail if the interface is not up yet.