Re: Firewalling IPv6 - an easy way?

Andrew Ruthven skrev:
Hi Chris,

On Sun, 2007-08-12 at 21:33 +0100, Chris Boot wrote:
I'm sorry, but the bad news is that currently you'll have to write the
ip6table rules by hand.  The good news is that you might be able to use
the IPv4 rules as a base and just do some heavy editting.
Thanks. Never mind, I guess it is the manual method then. Is there a Debian-recommended way of applying manual ip6tables rules? I was thinking of running an ip6tables-restore in post-up in /etc/network/interfaces, would that be a sensible option?

I'm not sure of a Debian recommended way, but a post-up line or a file
in /etc/network/if-up.d which only runs for the interface you want would
work okay.

Hi,
Shouldn't that be pre-up instead?
Otherwise a reboot of the firewall would leave it vulnerable for some split seconds.

/Mikael Frykholm