Re: Quick 'n' Easy IPv6 for Debian

Hi,

| Neither works perfectly.  Automatic mostly worked, but some places
| (www.netbsd.org) were unreliable.  1280 was almost completely unusable.
| I could ping6 but could not connect to any websites.  1480 seems to work
| well.
Of course you need to be in sync with your tunnel-peer .. as long as you
both specify the same MTU, or you use MSS clamping (which I have not yet
seen for IPv6), you should be fine.

Rule of thumb:
* If your peer is BSD: 1280
* If your peer is Cisco: 1460
* If your peer is Linux: 1480 *)

*) Linux 'ip', fetches the MTU of the outgoing interface associated with
the 'local' clause and subtracts exactly 20 bytes (for
outer-IPv4-header) and uses that value (for ethernet: 1480) as MTU for
the tunnel interface.

Hope this helps

--
Met vriendelijke groet,