Re: Dynamic IPV6 addresses and DNS

:-> "Daniele" == Daniele Venzano <venza@libero.it> writes:

    > I'm not using a tunnel broker, but 6to4 as described here:
    > http://people.debian.org/~csmall/ipv6/setup624.html

    > so I'm an happy owner of an ever changing 64 bit prefix...

If all you need is reverse to work for your internal network, setup
the reverse zone for the entire 2002:: and you're done.

If you also need reverse to work for other external hosts, then you're
basically f**ked :-)

There are 2 ways to overcome this. One is convincing whoever runs the
6to4 gateway to set appropriate reverse delegations. The other one is
figuring out which blocks your provider uses for your area and make a
fake zone for that. Supposing your provider uses 151.38.226.0/20 for
your DSLAM, you only have to setup the reverse for 2002:9726:e200/36
(I hope I've done my math right).

Pf

 Pierfrancesco Caci | ik5pvx | mailto:p.caci@tin.it  -  http://gusp.dyndns.org
  Firenze - Italia  | Office for the Complication of Otherwise Simple Affairs
     Linux penny 2.4.21-ac1 #1 Sat Jun 14 22:51:10 CEST 2003 i686 GNU/Linux