Re: Dynamic IPV6 addresses and DNS

On Sat, Jul 26, 2003 at 05:16:25PM +0200, Pierfrancesco Caci wrote:
> First consideration: on your internal network I think you could just
> live without reverse v6 address resolution.

I know, and is what I'm doing right now, but  lot of software relies on
reverse lookups for security checks and the like, and what is more since
I'm using Linux I don't want partial solutions ;-)

> Then, if you're getting your IPv6 addresses from a tunnel broker,
> you're probably getting some addresses that is made like
> [base-prefix-of-the-provider]:[something-based-on-your-ip-address]:[local-part]

I'm not using a tunnel broker, but 6to4 as described here:
http://people.debian.org/~csmall/ipv6/setup624.html

so I'm an happy owner of an ever changing 64 bit prefix...

Daniele Venzano
Web: http://digilander.iol.it/webvenza/