Re: Security over IPv6 networks

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 08:34:27PM +0100, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> > Yes there will be a lot of IPv6 devices, but they'll
> > be really really diverse, both in terms of software and hardware.
>
> partially true. even if they differ in hardware and software would you
> still like your washing machine destroing your favourite shirt?

No, I'm just saying that the chances of a worm successfully finding the
particular type of host that it's capable of infecting are far weaker
than the chances of simply finding a pingable host.  So yes, there'll be
a lot of IPv6 devices, but it's still going to be really hard to find an
infectable host by simply guessing addresses at random.

noah

--
Noah Meyerhans
Computer Resource Services, MIT Laboratory for Computer Science