RE: Security over IPv6 networks

Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Noah Meyerhans wrote:

<SNIP>

> > My question, though, is this: Would it not be possible to
> find out all
> > the local nodes by pinging ff02::1?  That'd make it a lot
> easier to find
> > likely targets without having to make random guesses.
>
> afaik all the differen link local, local nodes and etc that
> have ffXY::
> whould never be visible outside your network.

Infect one host, get the rest for free via local link(s).
Then again, you have to succesfully infect/control one host
before being able to do that and who says that there is another
host that is possible for infection in the same /64 ;)
But if you have one you got the rest too...

Hope the kids ain't listening to this ;)

Greets,
 Jeroen