RE: Debian 3.0 and the IPv6 status

mlist-debianipv6@x-tec.de [mailto:mlist-debianipv6@x-tec.de] wrote:

> Bernd Eckenfels wrote:

> >>As soon as it is written and a bit tested, sure :-)
> >

> > Are you intending to use dyndns? that would be an
> advantage, since your
> > windows box can use it, too. Or which server will
> autoregister the boxes,
> > when?
>
> I was thinking about a modified version of an perl script that's
> registering unix dhcp hosts based on the leases file from the
> unix dhcp
> server (can't remember the name, it's somewere @ freshmeat.net) that
> utilizes binds dynamic zones.

check http://ops.ietf.org/dns/dynupd/secure-ddns-howto.html for
ddns-update's from your dhcp server ;)

As for forward updates, one could let the dns server do that to or use
'nsupdate' for this purpose.
Check the URL above. I've also got a working NT version of nsupdate in
combo with a nice startup script.