Re: Debian 3.0 and the IPv6 status

Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:

Bernd Eckenfels wrote:

On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 06:10:59PM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
yes we actually supports ipv6 to configure interfaces at boot time (I guess it should be covered
both by initscripts and rc-scripts)

/etc/network/interfaces works, but I have not tested the automatic prefix
and link local stuff, yet. I have only a /112, so I hardcoded it on all
systems.

Tested as well. Autoconfig works fine as well as link local. They are not handled by debian directly (it's kernel stuff). Some specific scripts to handle ipv6 configuration
seems to be missing (forward, autoconf, ip6tables, etc.).
But temporary we can always use pre-up up down post-down in /etc/network/interfaces
even if it's not really user friendly.

Well that's what I do for my tunnel gateway and my dns server (ns.ipv6.x-tec.de) Looks like I don't have to touch any kernel params as long as the box is atoconfigured.

from my /etc/network/interface
-snip-

iface eth0 inet6 static
        address 3ffe:0400:0b60::a
        netmask 64
        up echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/autoconf
        up echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/accept_ra
        up echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/accept_redirects
        up echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/forwarding
        up echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/router_solicitations
        up ip route add 2000::0/3 via 3ffe:0400:0b60::2 dev eth0
-snip-

Fabio

Oh and exim in stand alone mode wprks very well
sn (The SN News packet) worksfrom with ipv6 ready tcpd but the
LOCAL_IP and REMOTE_IP variables aren't setted correctly when using tcp46.

greets Uwe
--
X-Tec GmbH
Institute for Computer and Network Security