Re: Debian 3.0 and the IPv6 status

Bernd Eckenfels wrote:

On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 06:10:59PM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
yes we actually supports ipv6 to configure interfaces at boot time (I guess it should be covered
both by initscripts and rc-scripts)

/etc/network/interfaces works, but I have not tested the automatic prefix
and link local stuff, yet. I have only a /112, so I hardcoded it on all
systems.

Tested as well. Autoconfig works fine as well as link local. They are not handled by debian directly (it's kernel stuff). Some specific scripts to handle ipv6 configuration
seems to be missing (forward, autoconf, ip6tables, etc.).
But temporary we can always use pre-up up down post-down in /etc/network/interfaces
even if it's not really user friendly.

Fabio