Re: Odd behavoiur of one machine - radvd failing?

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 11:53:55AM -0400, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 11:16:23AM +0100, Tony Hoyle wrote:
> > Enabling promiscuous mode & leaving it a few minutes on the fa311 makes
> > it start working.  I'll have to stick a line in /etc/network/interfaces
> > until I get a better card.
>
> Or just upgrade your kernel.  The card is OK from my experiences, and
> the driver saw a fair bit of development since the 2.4 kernel's
> original release.  According to the changelog, multicast was fixed in
> version 1.0.7 of the driver (which corresponds to which Linux kernel,
> exactly?  Damn this lack of revision control.).
>
> The changelogs indicate that performance related work was done as well,
> so you might find that you aren't so desperate to replace the cards if
> you upgrade the software that drives them...

erm ... missed the begining of this thread, but i have had a stack
of problems with duplex-ness with these cards.

check that the card and the switch/hub are in the same state.
full/half duplex etc ...

yours,

kim
--
| A.L. Digital Ltd.   Tel: +44 (20) 8742 0755     | "Gag me with    |

       "Shouldn't you read the instructions?"   -Hobbes
       "Do I look like a syssy?"                -Calvin